Major events, like weddings, birthdays and corporate events, are expected to run smoothly and flawlessly. This means that aside from a well-thought program, you and your organizer should ensure that all aspects of your event—from logistics, AV, entertainment to the catering—are ticked off your planning list.
One of the great additions that will surely please your guests is hiring a coffee catering. As simple as adding a coffee push cart of artisan drinks will greatly improve the overall experience of your guests in our event. Other than being a fancy add-on, here are more reasons why hiring a coffee catering is a smart move to boost the value of your event.
1. Everybody loves a good cup of joe
Other than just being a trendy add-on, having a mobile coffee cart in your event ensures that your guests gets their extra dose of caffeine to keep themselves alive and kicking all throughout your event.
Whether is a wedding, a product launching or an annual convention of doctors here in Singapore, guests and attendees will never say no to a good cup of latte.
Seminars, conferences and meetings normally take breaks in between long discussions, while trade shows and exhibitions are quite flexible and allow guests to snack anytime they want. Since you want your guests to stick around longer in your event here in Singapore, it is a perfect addition to get a coffee cart that can provide specialty mocha on the go anytime during your event.
If there’s no mobile coffee around for guests to enjoy during breaks, they tend to wander off, got to the nearby cafe and probably may no longer return when the event resumes. Instead of having your guests leave your vicinity, why not keep them intact by serving them fresh cups of cappuccino?
Hiring a coffee cart to serve freshly brewed coffee will discourage your guests to wander off or leave the event earlier. In fact, in the contrary, having a barista on site to make rounds of mocha coffee will encourage everyone to hangout a little longer.
2. Coffee catering improves guest experience
In addition to meeting your attendees’ need for coffee, having mobile coffee in your event will greatly improve your guests’ experience in your event.
One way to give everyone that authentic coffee experience is t have your barista serve fresh coffee that’s brewed on demand. You will surely make your guests feel more special ad have something for them to delight in.
For trade shows and exhibits, where guests stand and move around constantly, having a coffee cart to serve everyone with specialty coffee will perk them up and give them more energy throughout the event. Go an extra mile by installing tables around the venue for your guests to casually gather and chat over a cup of coffee.
3. It offers more than just coffee
Many coffee catering today offer more than just a cup of Americano, cappuccino and latte. They also serve snacks to go with their specialty coffees, and even desserts made of coffee, such as cappuccino panna cotta, coffee truffles, tiramisu and coffee cheesecake. Some even go as far as serving main dishes, like coffee-cured steak, coffee chipotle and coffee-braised pork ribs.
How about after-party drinks? Coffee cocktails, perhaps? Some of the most popular served by coffee caterers and bars are espresso martini, B-52, white and black Russian and hot buttered rum. Ask your caterer for these selections.
4. Provides positive branding
A mobile coffee cart can customise their set-up to represent your brand. You can display your company name or logo on their push cart or even print them on coffee sleeves and cups, which they serve to your attendees.
Besides positive contribution to branding, a mobile coffee cart can help create a network for your company. Serving guests with great coffee leaves a positive impression on everyone attending your event.
These positive experiences from your company can convert acquaintances into partners and loyal customers.
Tips to Hiring a Coffee Caterer
Now that you’re convinced to hire a mobile coffee for your event, here are the important things to keep in mind when looking for one.
• Number of expected guests. Before you start searching for a coffee caterer, you should be able to establish first the number of guests you are expecting to come to your event. Also, get a rough estimation how many of your guests will be lining up for coffee. Having an idea of these matters will help you decide how many carts and baristas you will need to hire for your event.
• Location of the coffee cart. Once the important points are decided, find a spot where you will position your coffee cart. The spot should allow the people to line up without congesting your venue. Also, make sure that the location of the cart has nearby water source and power supply. By locating your mobile cart nearby power and water sources, your baristas will always stay close to the coffee machines and serve guests whenever needed.
• Menu. Are you sure that all your guests are coffee lovers? If not, what are you supposed to offer them? Check if your coffee catering can provide drinks other than coffee. On top of the typical coffee beverages, what else can they serve? Will they serve teas and juices? In addition to drinks, a great coffee caterer should also be able to serve up finger food to pair with their coffee. These additions will be greatly appreciated by your attendees and is definitely worth the extra effort.
The next time you will be planning an event, look into hiring a mobile coffee cart. More than being a caffeine-thirst quencher, they add value to any affair you are hosting.
Outside the stovetop or the cooking range, fire can be really dangerous if you’re not careful, especially in environments that have a lot of material that could catch fire really easily, such as flour, paper, or sawdust.
When it comes to preventing any instances of fire damage in your home in Singapore, keeping flammable materials away from sources of heat and fire isn’t enough – you may also need to install a fire alarm system to make sure that the risk of fire is minimized in your home or office.
How a Basic Alarm System Works
A fire alarm system is a set of circuits arranged to signal an alarm and the appropriate response to these signals, which allows fires to be detected early and put out before they spread.
With a manually-operated warning system, people near the building hear bells or sirens to know that there is a fire and are used alongside the extinguishers.
For an automated fire alarm system in Singapore, different features are included, such as a sprinkler system. Automated systems can even send an automatic signal or message to the local fire department for a faster, which keeps the fire from spreading and doing extensive damage. Contact your fire protection contractor to know the complete features of your chosen alarm system.
These are the different types of devices that you would see in an automated system:
• Sensors – One or more fire detector systems can send signals to the whole system that there is a fire and in turn activate these fire prevention systems
• Indicators – These devices are used to notify people in the vicinity that there is a fire
• Control Panel – Contains a display that shows you the current state of the whole system and allows personnel to interact with it
• Sealed Battery – Used as back-up for the alarm systems during power interruptions (this allows your smoke detector, heat sensor or even your automated alarm grid to function even if there is a blackout)
• Auxiliary Device/s – Remote devices that activate in the event of a fire to prevent it from spreading
Modern automated systems are installed via a central home grid. By connecting different devices to a central control panel, from early detections systems to sprinklers, fire prevention becomes much more streamlined.
This control panel not only allows for better, faster, and easier fire detection, but also allows for the notification of other events, from severe weather to earthquake detection.
Fire Safety and You
Aside from early fire detection, there are ways for you to put out fires that happen at home or in your workplace. For instance, aside from your emergency alarm, preparing for fire hazards by including emergency glass is also an option.
An emergency glass gives you other options to deal with fire hazards during emergencies, and can be a good investment in the long run to keep offices and workplaces safe and hazard-free despite the initial expense. You can add things such as a fire axe, a fire blanket, and a fire hose connected to your water system to put out fires should they occur in your home or workplace.
However, the best way for you to deal with a fire is to keep it from happening by keeping flammable materials away from sources of fire and extreme heat, and making sure that any electrical and fire hazards are properly addressed.
Upgrading and Maintenance
It’s important to keep in mind that a modern fire alarm has a lifespan of ten to fifteen years. Like a fire extinguisher, they need to be replaced regularly, which is a requirement in a lot of buildings and establishments in Singapore.
Regular maintenance is a huge part in keeping fire hazards to a minimum, especially in the workplace, and because of regular testing, you want to make sure that your alarm systems are up-to-date.
With a properly installed and maintained fire system, you prevent property damage and potentially losing valued assets, and even save lives in the process.